- Key Details
The policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
The Listed Property Owners’ Club, Lower Dane, Dane Lane, Hartlip, Kent, ME9 7TE.
- How we gather information about you
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services.
We gather data that you input into our webpages on the Contact Us and Website Registration forms, as well as the Quick Enquiry and Request a Quote forms. We also gather data through the enquiry forms you return to us via post, and the information you provide to us over the telephone.
- What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to surveys
- Other information pertaining to insurance enquiries and quote requests
- Financial information such as Bank Accounts for Direct Debits and Credit/Debit Cards for purchases. (We do not store Credit/Debit Card details for any use other than the original purchase the details were provided for.)
Additionally to help us work with LPOC Insurance Services to identify, design and negotiate relevant and appropriate insurance policies and additional covers we will obtain from LPOC Insurance Services the Building Sum Insured under any policy taken out.
- How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved services and advice.
Specifically, we may use data:
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry made through the website, over the telephone or on returning a form via the post
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about services, products, offers, events and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about services, products, offers, events and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
- Sharing your data
If you have requested that we contact you in relation to an insurance related query or obtaining an insurance quote, we will pass your name, address, telephone number or e-mail depending on how you have asked to be contacted to LPOC Insurance Services.
If you have requested help and advice from our experts, we may also pass your contact details to one of the following company’s in order to fulfil your query: Adams and Remers (legal), Professional Mortgage Services (finance) and Dave Brown VAT Consultancy (VAT).
Why you may receive information from LPOC
LPOC was created especially to serve the needs of listed property owners. We may therefore contact you about products and services offered by us which we think are especially relevant and which may be of interest to you as a listed property owner. We may also provide you with news or information related to our business that we believe may be of interest to you in accordance with our legitimate interests.
You will receive this type of marketing from us if 1. You have opted in 2. You are an LPOC member or LPOC Insurance Services client 3. You have purchased a product from us such as a listed building plaque or listed property show tickets.
In relation to point 3, we will store and use your data for 36 months from the date of our last contact or engagement.
Former or prospective members and former or prospective LPOC Insurance Services clients
You may have provided personal data to us via a general enquiry (on the website or by filling in a form) or we may have obtained details about you from publicly available Personal Data. Furthermore, you may have effected a contract with us but you subsequently cease to have a relationship with us (for example your membership lapses). In these circumstances we will retain your data for a period not exceeding 36 months from the date of our last contact or engagement, and will use this data in order to contact you with regard to news or information related to our business that we believe may be of interest to you in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the websites and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed unto our website. A cookie allow us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used visit All About Cookies [http://www.allaboutcookies.org/]
- Controlling information about you
When you provide your details on our website or are returning a form from one of our mailings, you will see tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone or post
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at the Listed Property Owners’ Club, Lower Dane, Dane, Lane, Hartlip, Kent, ME9 7TE
- Click the ‘unsubscribe link’ in our e-newsletters
- Call 01795 8449939
We will never lease or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
And personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
At any time you may ask us to tell you what information we have stored about you and you may also ask us to remove that data. If we are unable to remove that data you may ask us not to process it further.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
- Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the lpoc.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
If you have a complaint about the holding or processing of your data by us please in the first instance direct your complaint to:
The Listed Property Owners’ Club
and we will do our best to resolve your concern.
This does not however prevent you from directing your complaint to:-
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745